Hello Space Cadets, how is everyone doing? I’m pleased to tell you that I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Kindra M. Austin for this honor. I love your blog, Poems and Paragraphs, and would recommend it to others as well.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share the award on your blog
- Share seven random facts about yourself
- Tag 10 bloggers with less than 1,000 followers and let them know that they have been nominated.
Seven Random Facts About Me:
- I have sat on a toilet made of gold and done the “thinking man” pose.
- My current life ambition is to visit a few foreign countries where I need a passport instead of a gun.
- I was an infantry sergeant in the US Army for 8 1/2 years.
- I took JROTC in high school and then went to a military college for a BA in History. However, while on leave I pretended my short hair was a fraternity hazing ritual and wouldn’t tell people where I went to school.
- In college I was in the pipe band, where I played the bagpipes. I wasn’t very good at the pipes but I definitely rocked out in my kilt!
- I served in Iraq, where I suffered from a TBI, the result of several concussions from IEDs so my writing only happens with a LOT of help from my wife and mother.
- I sing so badly that my sons would pretend to fall asleep early just so I’d stop singing them the lullaby. To appease them, I sung them Army cadences instead. This worked, though the wife wasn’t thrilled.
I’m supposed to nominate people, but I’m not sure who that’d be so I will smile and obliquely point to a crowded room and say “him” while nodding like that solved things. Until next time, stay frosty and don’t forget to keep your powder dry!
–> As usual, all images are found under Google’s “labeled for reuse” section.